Wow its April already, the year is just whizzing by.
This month’s challenge is all about words.
For the next 30 days we are going to learn a new word a day.
The idea is to help you increase your vocabulary and/or help you gain more understanding of the words you already know.
How to pick a new word each day
- Try downloading an App – so that you have word with you wherever you go. Word of the day, or try one of these 7 apps to increase your vocabulary
- Websites – a variety of website have a word for the day which you can use or
- Sign up to a daily email notification Oxford English Dictionary, Dictonary.com
- If you want to take this into the rest of the year why not buy a calendar or make your own
- finally if you’re a Twitter user try following @oxfordwords
Now that you have your word try doing one or more of the following to help you use it
- Say the word aloud
- Use it in a sentence
- Work it into your speech during the day
- Write it down
- Find out what it means
Here’s hoping you become a logophile and not develop logophobia. Until next month.