Hello and welcome to February.
Our focus and wellbeing challenge this month is all about kindness.
Let’s stop for a moment and think about what kindness actually is.
Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Sometimes kindness can be difficult, it may even involve saying no and it often involves a sacrifice – of time, of effort or of comfortability. Kindness doesn’t always have to involve other people often the hardest person to be kind to is ourselves.
I often think that I’m a kind person but then I realise there is always more that I could be doing, how about you?. Plato reminds us in this quote that each person is going through something we know nothing about.
So with that being said why don't we give kindness a try this month. Here is your 30-day kindness challenge (Feb only has 28 days but a few extra days won't hurt)
- Buy something extra when your shopping and give to a food bank collection
- Offer to house sit for a neighbour on a trip
- Leave a thank you note for your postman/lady
- Offer to pick up groceries for a neighbour
- Pay for a person behind you in line.
- Bake and share with people at your work/school/ college etc
- Send a thank you note to a family friend
- Give a gift to a teacher
- Buy someone a cup of coffee
- Give 3 honest compliments
- Write uplifting note and give them to random people
- Write a thank you card just because
- Offer to help someone with some chores
- Surprise a friend with a gift
- Speak to someone who seems lonely
- Buy a homeless person a coffee/sandwich
- Offer to babysit for any struggling parents you may know
- Donate to charity
- Write a list of the reasons why you love someone (and give it to them)
- Be kinder to retail employees
- Volunteer your time
- Encourage someone who is working hard
- Buy flowers for a friend
- Give a big tip at a restaurant
- Be kind to yourself
- Spread some encouragement online
- Make a round of hot drink for everyone you’re with
- Prepare a meal for someone
- Tell a manager/supervisor about the great service you received
- Hold the door for someone.